Cleaning and maintaining your LG top-load washing machine may seem like a daunting task, but it’s essential for its longevity and optimal performance. The good news is that you don’t need any special tools or cleaners to get the job done. Here are 10 steps to effectively how to clean LG top load washing machine:
What You’ll Need:
- White vinegar
- A brush
- An old cloth or rag
- Lemon juice (optional)
10 Steps How to Clean LG Top Load Washing Machine
Step 1: Disconnect the Machine
- First and foremost, unplug the washing machine from the power source and turn off the water supply. This is crucial for safety and to prevent any accidents.
Step 2: Remove Laundry
- Empty the washing machine of all laundry items to prepare for cleaning the drum.
Step 3: Prepare the Cleaning Solution
- To create your own washing machine cleaner, mix 1 cup of white vinegar with warm water in a bowl.
- Optionally, you can add a tablespoon of lemon juice for a pleasant scent.
- Soak an old cloth or rag in this solution for later use.
Step 4: Clean the Detergent Dispenser and Fabric Softener Tray
- Focus on cleaning the detergent dispenser and fabric softener tray, as these areas tend to accumulate grime.
- Use an old toothbrush dipped in vinegar to scrub these compartments thoroughly.
- Rinse with water and dry them.
Step 5: Clean the Filter
- Locate the filter on the back of the washing machine and remove it. The method may vary (push, turn, or pull).
- Soak the filter in hot water containing vinegar to break down any residue.
- Use a toothbrush if needed to remove stubborn dirt.
- Once clean, reinsert the filter.
Step 6: Clean the Drain Hose
- Unplug the washing machine and detach the drain hose from the front of the machine.
- Clean the hose by rinsing it with the vinegar-water solution.
- Ensure the hose is securely reconnected.
Step 7: Clean the Inlet Valve
- The water supply valve is typically located on the side of the machine.
- Disconnect the machine, unplug the hose from the valve, and clean the valve with a brush soaked in vinegar.
- Rinse and dry the valve, then reconnect the hose and plug it back in.
- Run an empty cycle to check for proper functioning.
Step 8: Clean the Machine’s Interior
- Fill the tub with hot water and add 2 cups of white vinegar.
- Let it soak for an hour, then run an empty cycle on the longest and hottest settings.
- Use a long-handled brush to scrub the drum’s interior to remove any accumulated dirt and grime.
- Wipe the tub with a soft cloth soaked in white vinegar.
- Run another empty cycle with the vinegar-water mixture.
Step 9: Clean Under and Around the Washer
- Move the washing machine to access the area underneath and behind it.
- Vacuum the area with a hose attachment to remove dust and dirt.
- Wipe the floor with a damp, clean cloth.
Step 10: Final Steps Air Dry
- After cleaning, leave the washing machine open to air dry.
- Reconnect the power and water supply, and your LG top-load washing machine should be clean and ready for use.
By following these steps regularly, you can keep your LG top load washing machine in good condition and ensure it performs efficiently. Remember to perform maintenance at least twice a year to prevent the buildup of residue and maintain its longevity.