Keeping a clean and organized living space is essential for our well-being. However, cleaning can often feel like a time-consuming and costly chore. Fortunately, numerous cleaning hacks can help you save both time and money. This blog post has compiled a comprehensive list of the 77 Best cleaning hacks to make your cleaning routine more efficient and cost-effective. Let’s dive in!
77 Best Cleaning Hacks
- Use a cleaning caddy or tote to carry your cleaning supplies from room to room, saving time and effort.
- Make your all-purpose cleaner by mixing equal parts vinegar and water. It’s an inexpensive and effective solution.
- Microfiber cloths are excellent for cleaning surfaces and picking up dust. They are reusable and can be washed multiple times.
- Use a lint roller to remove dust and pet hair from furniture and clothing quickly.
- Clean your showerhead by filling a plastic bag with vinegar and securing it around the showerhead with a rubber band. Leave it overnight and rinse in the morning for a sparkling clean showerhead.
- Clean your microwave by placing a bowl of water with lemon slices inside and heating it for a few minutes. The steam will loosen the grime, making it easier to wipe away.
- Remove carpet stains by blotting them with a mixture of dish soap and warm water.
- Keep your drains clear and odor-free by pouring a cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar down the drain. Flush with hot water after 10 minutes.
- Eliminate refrigerator odors by placing an open box of baking soda on one of the shelves.
- Use a squeegee to remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery.
Relevant Article: Cleaning Schedule Checklist 2023
- Clean your cutting boards by scrubbing them with a paste made from baking soda and water.
- Refresh your garbage disposal by grinding a few lemon or orange peels.
- Remove stubborn food residue from pots and pans by boiling water with baking soda and dish soap.
- Shine stainless steel appliances by wiping them with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol.
- Use vinegar and water to clean your dishwasher and remove built-up residue.
- Unclog a stubborn kitchen sink by pouring a mixture of baking soda and vinegar down the drain, followed by hot water.
- Clean your blender by filling it with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Run it for a minute, then rinse.
- Deodorize your fridge by placing an open box of baking soda on one of the shelves.
- Remove coffee and tea stains from mugs by scrubbing them with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Clean your oven by sprinkling baking soda on the bottom, spraying it with water until damp, and letting it sit overnight. Wipe away the grime the next day.
Related: Deep Clean Bathroom Checklist
- Use a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and deodorize your toilet.
- Remove soap scum from shower doors by scrubbing them with a dryer sheet.
- Clean grout lines with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Scrub with a toothbrush for best results.
- Remove hard water stains from faucets and showerheads by soaking them in vinegar overnight.
- Place a fabric softener sheet at the bottom of your bathroom trash can to keep it smelling fresh.
- Clean your bathroom mirrors with equal parts vinegar and water for a streak-free shine.
- Remove mildew from shower curtains by soaking them in water and bleach.
- Prevent soap scum buildup on your shower walls by applying a thin layer of car wax and buffing it off.
- Clean grime and dirt from bathroom tiles using a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Scrub with a brush and rinse.
- Remove hard water stains from the toilet bowl by pouring a cup of vinegar and letting it sit for a few hours. Scrub with a toilet brush and flush.
Relevant: 50 Deep Clean the Bathroom Hacks
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean grout in between tiles. It works wonders.
- Clean your shower curtain liner by tossing it in the washing machine with a few towels and a cup of vinegar.
- Place a few drops of essential oil inside the toilet paper roll to freshen the bathroom air.
- Use baby oil to shine and protect your bathroom fixtures.
- Clean your bathroom exhaust fan by removing the cover and vacuuming the dust and debris.
- Dust and disinfect your bathroom light fixtures by wiping them with a microfiber cloth sprayed with a gentle cleaning solution.
- Use a lint roller to remove dust and pet hair from upholstery and lampshades.
- Clean your TV or computer screen with a microfiber cloth slightly dampened with distilled water.
- Remove stains from carpets and rugs by blotting them with vinegar, water, and dish soap.
- Vacuum your couch cushions with a handheld vacuum to remove dirt and crumbs.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your carpets before vacuuming to eliminate odors.
- Use a blow dryer on a low setting to remove dust from delicate items such as decorative pillows and lampshades.
- Clean ceiling fan blades by sliding an old pillowcase over each blade and wiping off the dust.
- Remove scuff marks from wooden furniture by rubbing them with a pencil eraser.
- Use a fabric shaver to remove pilling from upholstered furniture.
- Spot clean upholstery stains with a mixture of water, dish soap, and white vinegar.
- Mix baking soda with a few drops of essential oil in your DIY mattress cleaner. Sprinkle it on your mattress, let it sit for a few hours, then vacuum it up.
- Use a lint roller to remove dust and hair from lampshades and curtains.
- Freshen your pillows by placing them in the dryer on low heat with a few tennis balls to fluff them up.
- Clean your mattress stains by blotting them with hydrogen peroxide and dish soap.
- Rotate and flip your mattress regularly to prevent uneven wear and tear.
- Use a fabric freshener spray on your bedding to keep them smelling fresh between washes.
- Dust your blinds with an old sock. Simply slip the sock onto your hand and wipe each slat.
- Clean your ceiling fan blades by placing an old pillowcase over each blade and wiping off the dust.
- Organize your closet by matching hangers and grouping clothing items by color or category.
- Use a squeegee to remove pet hair from your bed sheets.
- Clean your washing machine by running a cycle with vinegar and baking soda. Wipe down the exterior afterward.
- Remove ink stains from clothes by applying hairspray directly to the stain, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then wash it as usual.
- Use a mesh laundry bag to wash small items like socks so they don’t get lost in the machine.
- Clean your iron by running it over a mixture of salt and vinegar on a cotton cloth.
- Remove grease stains from clothes by applying dish soap directly to the stain, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then washing as usual.
- Clean your ironing board by sprinkling it with salt and wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- Remove stubborn stains from white clothes by soaking them in hot water and lemon juice before washing.
- Use vinegar as a natural fabric softener. Add it to the rinse cycle instead of commercial fabric softeners.
- Wash your delicates in a mesh laundry bag to prevent them from getting tangled or damaged in the machine.
- Use dryer sheets to remove static clings from clothes and keep them smelling fresh.
- Clean your dryer lint trap after every load to improve efficiency and prevent fire hazards
- Use a pressure washer to clean your outdoor patio, deck, and siding.
- Remove mildew and algae from outdoor furniture by scrubbing it with water and bleach.
- Clean outdoor windows with vinegar and water for a streak-free shine.
- Use a broom to remove leaves and debris from your outdoor areas before using a hose or pressure washer.
- Remove oil stains from driveways or garage floors by sprinkling them with cat litter, letting it absorb the oil, and then sweeping it away.
- Clean your grill grates by heating them and scrubbing them with a wire brush.
- Remove rust from outdoor metal surfaces by scrubbing them with lemon juice and salt.
- Clean your outdoor cushions by spraying them with water and dish soap, then rinsing them with a hose.
- Use a leaf blower to quickly remove dust and debris from your outdoor spaces.
- Clean your outdoor grill by heating it up, then scrubbing the grates with an onion cut in half. The acidity helps break down grease and grime.
- Kitchen Cleaning Schedule in 2023
Final Thoughts About 77 Best Cleaning Hacks to Save Money And Time
Cleaning can be a manageable task that consumes a lot of time and money. By incorporating these 100 cleaning hacks into your routine, you can save both time and money while keeping your living space tidy and organized. From general cleaning tips to room-specific hacks, there’s a solution for every cleaning challenge. So, put these hacks to the test and enjoy a cleaner, more efficient home without breaking the bank.
Blog Author Information
My name is Sophia. I want to share my outstanding washing & cleaning experiences with you. Since I am passionate about cleaning and want to tell you the products and methods of cleaning that make your hassle free.
We educate readers with 100% valid Information. And provide a supportive environment for users. Massive information and Amazing research will give you a sense of security & purpose. That will add value and enjoyment in your life rather than having stuff and going with flow.
HomyClean is here to provide you the information for your right & top rated products. Our team of professionals suggests each product after rigorous testing. And endorse the quality to you trust our findings. After deeply examining, we review products in simple & easy language. So you can readily comprehend and trust the information we provide.